Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Detect Execution of Query Command ST25RU3993

Tiago Santos
Associate II
Posted on May 02, 2018 at 14:34

Hi,

I am developing a product based on the AS3993, AKA ST25RU3993. I have been using the FEMTO module (by AMS) to test my application code.

So far I was able to verify the initialization, SPI, interrupt line, cristall stabilization and PLL lock. Everything seems to be OK.

I am now trying to read a TAG.

Using the defautl configurations of the FEMTO, as follow:

0690X0000060ArTQAU.png

In order to start reading a tag. I first write the values above in the registers, then I enable the bit RF_ON on register 0x00.

After send the Query command 0x98 and write the following bytes to the FIFO:

//0b00

//dr = 0b01

//m = 0b10

//Trext = 0b00

0x18

//sel = 0b00

//session = 0b00

//target = 0b00

//q = 0b00

0x00

After that I start to wait for the end of tx interrupt, but I detect a irq_noresp instead.

Any insights?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Finnley Harris
Associate

Hello Tiago,

Sorry for the late reply. We moved our community platform and had to wait until all content was transferred.

Concerning your question:

• For the session setting, please change register 0x8 from 0x04 to 0x0B to increase the rx waiting time.
    • 0x0B is the default value for the Gen2 Settings you are using (LF 256, M4, Tari 25). You may increase it further to rule out a timing issue.
  • Please make sure that when writing register 0x3E you also write register 0x3D (with 0x00 in your case)
  • Try to send the Block_Rx command (0x96) prior to the Query command (0x98)

The preamble detect error and FIFO overflow indicates a failed reception process. The Block_Rx should compensate for that by disabling the receive decoder during the transmission of Query and the FIFO content.

If you still experience problems, I would suggest to use tr_ext (extended preamble) in the Gen2 settings:

• Rx options register 0x3, set value to 0x9A

Best regards,

Finnley

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Bart Herse
Senior II
Posted on June 05, 2018 at 11:32

Hello Tiago,

please check your Query command and the bytes you are writing to the FIFO.

Note that DR, TRext and Target have one bit only while Q has 4 bits.

The main issue with the bytes you write to the FIFO will be that the Miller coding and BLF will be incorrect.

Assuming you would like to use DR = 1, Target = 0 and Q = 0000 you should be writing the bytes 0x30 and 0x00 to the FIFO.

Regards,

B

Tiago Santos
Associate II
Posted on July 04, 2018 at 21:05

Hi Bart,

Thank you for reply. Yes, I noticed that. Even though I made this change, my code still does not work.

I am sure that my hardware is working, because I have been using the FEMTO 2.1 from AMS to test my code. My SPI communiction is also correct, I can read and write the registers in FEMTO.

I am using the following values to set a session to try read a tag:

Register Description                                                 Address                                                                      Value

0690X0000060LchQAE.png

After that I try to read a tag by doing the following:

1 - Set the register 0x3E with 0x1E - Sending 1 byte and 7 bits to FIFO

2 - Send the Query command - 0x98

3 - Write 0x30 0x00 in FIFO

4 - Aftet that I detect the end of transmission interrupt

5 - I wait for the end of reception interrupt

But I detect the values 0x01 in register 0x38 (Preamble detect error / FIFO overflow error) and 0x50 in register 0x37 (Bits Irq_err and Irq_rx high ). I was expecting to detect only Irq_rx high.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

Any idea is very much appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Finnley Harris
Associate

Hello Tiago,

Sorry for the late reply. We moved our community platform and had to wait until all content was transferred.

Concerning your question:

• For the session setting, please change register 0x8 from 0x04 to 0x0B to increase the rx waiting time.
    • 0x0B is the default value for the Gen2 Settings you are using (LF 256, M4, Tari 25). You may increase it further to rule out a timing issue.
  • Please make sure that when writing register 0x3E you also write register 0x3D (with 0x00 in your case)
  • Try to send the Block_Rx command (0x96) prior to the Query command (0x98)

The preamble detect error and FIFO overflow indicates a failed reception process. The Block_Rx should compensate for that by disabling the receive decoder during the transmission of Query and the FIFO content.

If you still experience problems, I would suggest to use tr_ext (extended preamble) in the Gen2 settings:

• Rx options register 0x3, set value to 0x9A

Best regards,

Finnley

AZhao.10
Associate II

Hi Tiago,

Have you resolved this problem? I come across the same problem, but have no idea as well...