Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Example Includes Linked Files

Jules A
Associate II
Posted on April 24, 2018 at 11:08

Hello,

I'm trying to export an example project for the STM32F429I-EVAL1 (to work on it).

The example works fine but when I export it :

- Either I get all the directories and the .c files BUT no includes at all

or 

- I get all the directories but no files at all.

I know that it's using links from the .cproject (& .project) but I just want to dissociate the project from the rest of the examples so that I can work on it separately. (and not have all those directories at the root of my working folder like it's the case in the cubemxf4 folder).

Edit : I'm using Atollic TrueStudio to work (and do the exports)

Thanks for your help

Jules

#example #stm32f429i-eval1 #includes #export
8 REPLIES 8
Jules A
Associate II
Posted on April 24, 2018 at 14:34

It looks like the problem exists since 2016 but never fixed.

Posted on April 24, 2018 at 15:13

Atollic's import/export of projects into it's 'workspace' has been a nightmare for longer than that, perhaps it is an Eclipse thing?

On Keil I can just clone projects into different directories, paths are relative, and project files in XML/ASCII so can edit them, or automate.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on April 24, 2018 at 15:18

I have to, I'm adviced to use Atollic so I'll have to find a way using that beautiful IDE 

🙂

Maybe I could use Eclipse source code and import it into Atollic ?

Their way (STM) of including files / linking files is pretty good to reduce the size of the zip file but terrible for us, users.

May I import from Keil to Attolic then ?

Posted on April 25, 2018 at 11:04

CubeFW packages uses project files for SW4STM32 (can be read by TrueSTUDIO) using linked resources. As you correctly stated this is to reduce the size of the zip-file.

Eclipse/CDT in general does not have a way of importing and resolving these files into a self-contained project. Sometimes it works to export and have the c-files resolved. But the h-files are not explicitly defined by the .project file hence the knowledge of which h-file dependencies exist actually depends on each build configuration in the project.

In summary, this is a bit tricky.

Jules A
Associate II
Posted on April 25, 2018 at 14:06

Exactly, I imported all the .c files but have trouble finding .h / linking them . I guess that has to be done anyways. 

Also I've read somewhere that it's not like that for projects generated by CubeMX nowadays, maybe someone has any infos on this?

Jules A
Associate II
Posted on April 25, 2018 at 15:59

I see.

Is there any way I could use CubeMX to generate again the example ?

I just finished including all the files (.c & .h) and everything works fine for now so I guess it no more is a problem for me but if it could help someone else !

Posted on April 25, 2018 at 14:37

Include files are typically pulled at compile time via search using Include Path settings. Some tools will generate a dependency tree/list in the output directory. 

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on April 25, 2018 at 15:00

Yes, if the project is generated by CubeMx it is not a problem those projects (at least in the latest couple of versions) are generated self-sustaining. But the example projects in the Cube repo are still not. Two different use cases.