cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upgrade firmware for STEVAL-MKI109V3?

Shambhavi Adhikari
Associate II
Posted on April 23, 2018 at 21:33

Hi, I downloaded the Unico 6.0.0.0 and selected the STEVAL-MKI179V1 for

LIS2DW12

sensor. I am using the

motherboard STEVAL-MKI109V3 and i getting the same error. How to solve firmware issue for this motherboard?

I have attached the snapshot of my error here in this question.

0690X0000060AilQAE.png

Looking for a quick response.

Thank you

#steval-mki109v3 #motherboard #steval-mki179v1 #firmwareupgrade
9 REPLIES 9
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee
Posted on April 24, 2018 at 08:39

Please update the firmware in your STEVAL-MKI109V3 boards.

The latest FW is in DFU directory, together with the instructions how to do it, in

/external-link.jspa?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.st.com%2Fcontent%2Fst_com%2Fen%2Fproducts%2Fembedded-software%2Fevaluation-tool-software%2Fstsw-mki109w.html

package.

Posted on April 24, 2018 at 18:40

Hi, I have downloaded the package and installed everything. Then, i tried to upload the .dfu file for the 

STEVAL-MKI109V3 board following the instructions. Here is the process i did. Please correct if i am wrong. 

1. I installed the driver for the board and driver got installed in COM4 port of my laptop. 

2. Then, i installed both DfuseDemo and Unico software. 

3. Then, i connected the board to my PC and tried to upload the file ProfiMEMSToolV2.15.1.dfu. 

Is this is the file to upload in the 

STEVAL-MKI109V3

board to update the firmware?

However, when i chose this file using DfuseDemo, the file does get loaded correctly but does not get uploaded. It says me to select a target but there are no any files in the target box. Here is the screenshot of what it says. 

Please provide me a needful suggestion here. 

Thank you

0690X0000060AlzQAE.png
Posted on April 24, 2018 at 18:54

The board does not appear to be in DFU mode, make sure whatever jumpers need to be set to get BOOT0 pin of processor high are set. Board will likely need to be reset or reconnected after changing settings.

The available devices box needs to list 'STM32 in DFU Mode' type item, this needs to be selected as the 'Target'

Problem cross-posted here

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009XkX30SAF

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on April 24, 2018 at 19:11

Hi, 

According to the instructions to set the device in DFU mode, i pressed button 3 and 2 together then released 3 and 2. It says doing this will enter the board in DFU mode. Still no sign of  ''

STM32 in DFU Mode'' type item in the available devices list. However, i got this in the device manager when i tried to set the device in DFU mode. 

0690X0000060Am4QAE.png

Posted on April 24, 2018 at 19:19

Looks like it is missing a driver. Check what the '!' is complaining about or suggesting what the problem is?

Posted on April 24, 2018 at 19:22

I did install driver but whenever i try to enter the device in DFU mode i.e. by pressing the BT3 and BT2 together and then BT3 followed by BT2. This happens. I did again install the driver but still getting nothing on the select target box. 

Posted on April 24, 2018 at 19:25

Here is the image of installed driver. 0690X0000060AmsQAE.png

Posted on April 24, 2018 at 21:05

Yeah, doesn't that look to be the VCP device? Not the ''STM32 BOOTLOADER'' or ''STM Device in DFU Mode'' device we've established that we need?

Here an STM32F4 device strapped into System Loader mode off the USB port (BOOT0=High)

0690X00000604beQAA.jpg

When Windows puts an '!' on the icon it usually means there is an issue it is reporting or you need to address. Most likely not finding a driver, dig down to the ''Driver'' tab and have it find or update the driver, or make it look for one on your system.

What version of Windows? Administrative rights? Limits/policies on external USB devices? AV software? Company issued desktop/laptop? DELL?

Perhaps you have some ''IT'' staff that can work with you?

Posted on April 25, 2018 at 11:21

The driver for DFU mode is missing in you system. It is not the same as the VCP driver!

Try to install in manually from following location:

c:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\Software\DfuSe v3.0.5\Bin\Driver\