Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 STLink COM port driver problem on Windows 10

Juan Sanchez
Associate
Posted on April 24, 2018 at 14:56

Hello guys,

I am using de STM32DiscoveryF4 in my project and the CC2564MODN bluetooth module with the adapter kit to make a bluetooth serial port profile with the API's that TI brings (SPPLE), but once the code is flashed and the board programmed I can't make the COM port appear, even connecting the micro-usb to the PC too.

I read the API documentacion, 'Enable_STM32_Discovery.pdf' and make all the changes that I've to.

- Device, HSE_VALUE

- HALCFG.h

- Put the Bluetopia/hcitrans/HCITRANS.c

- HCITRCFG.h

I install the driver that ST brings which is STSW-009, to program via miniUSB, but it only flashed the code into the board it doesn't open any COM port when I plugged  the miniUSB again or the micro-usb to the PC and reset the board.

In the API's demo example says that 'Once the code is flashed, connect the board to a PC using a miniUSB or microUSB cable. Once connected, wait for the driver to install. It will show up as MSP-EXP430F5438 USB - Serial Port(COM x), Tiva Virtual COM Port (COM x), XDS110 Class Application/User UART (COM x) for MSP432, under Ports (COM & LPT) in the Device manager.'

So reading that I tough that just flashing the code into the board It will make the COM port appear, when a I plugged the microUSB but don't happen.

So, I ask if someone has the same problem and know how to resolve it, please contact to me and let me know. ASAP !!

Regards and thanks.

#stm32f4-bluetooth #stm-32 #stm32f4 #vcp-driver-stm32 #bluetooth-low-energy #stm32f4-discovery
1 REPLY 1
Juan Sanchez
Associate
Posted on April 24, 2018 at 15:04

I'm programming with the Keil uvision 4 and using the API: 'CC256x STM32 Bluetopia SDK v4.0.2.2'