Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUCLEO-F411RE WLAN communication

Walter Nazarenus
Associate II
Posted on July 11, 2018 at 15:17

Hello,

until now i have a serial connection to my Board. So i just have to read out my COM Port to get the Data i need. My next step is to get rid of the cable. Which Module would you recommend for this? And is it much more harder to read out an Ethernet Port with my WPF C♯ program? The Serial Port connection was very easy but i dont want to make my Bachelorthesis more difficult.

#c# #wlan #nucleo-f411re #wpf #wireless
4 REPLIES 4
RomainR.
ST Employee
Posted on July 11, 2018 at 16:17

Hello Walter,

What exactly is the need of your application?

Access your application without cable from a PC host or something similar ?

Can you give more details about your objectives?

BR

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Walter Nazarenus
Associate II
Posted on July 12, 2018 at 10:18

Hello Romain,

i got a motion sensor on my NUCLEO Board. This sensor sends rotation values via USB to my PC. There are four values in one string. With my PC i am reading out the COM Port. Now i have to get wireless, because it would be better to be wireless for the actuall use. I thought about an WIFI modul to send this rotation data to my pc.

Posted on July 16, 2018 at 10:00

Hello Romain,

i got a motion sensor on my NUCLEO Board. This sensor sends rotation values via USB to my PC. There are four values in one string. With my PC i am reading out the COM Port. Now i have to get wireless, because it would be better to be wireless for the actuall use. I thought about an WIFI modul to send this rotation data to my pc.

Posted on July 16, 2018 at 10:39

Hello Walter,

You can use X-Nucleo IDW01M1 Wifi which is a part of STM32 ODE ecosystem.

https://www.st.com/en/ecosystems/x-nucleo-idw01m1.html

And you can take a look to me blog post concerning a basic project with NucleoL476 + IDW01M1 with MBed online IDE to send data througth HTTP REST API.

https://community.st.com/community/share-your-activities/blog/2017/10/06/stm32-sends-data-to-ubidots-over-wifi

Regards

Romain

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.