cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-PLC-Android failure to download project to FP_IND_PLCWIFI1

Dave Bohan
Associate II
Posted on May 08, 2018 at 21:37

I have built and downloaded the FP_IND_PLCWIFI1 project to the NUCLEO-F401RE board using the IAR version.

I am able to connect to the WIFI, but when sending a project from the ST-PLC-Android app, a failure occurs:

0690X0000060B1sQAE.png

What does this error mean?

Is there a work around?

Thanks,

Dave

#plc #fp_ind_plcwifi1 #st-plc-android
8 REPLIES 8
oteri.massimo
Associate II
Posted on May 09, 2018 at 17:10

Hello Dave,

Based on the error message, seems that the configuration you want to program is not correct.

Please could you share a print screen of the configuration you want to program?

Thanks

Regards

Massimo

Posted on May 09, 2018 at 17:51

Massimo,

Here is a screen shot of the program I was trying to download:

0690X0000060B6OQAU.png

Is there a document that explains the ''Send Project'' errors?

Thanks,

Dave
oteri.massimo
Associate II
Posted on May 11, 2018 at 16:00

Hello Dave,

The error is related to the network decoding, but  based on the image seems that the net is OK, maybe there is something wrong in the component position or in the assignment of the component identification label.

To get more detailed information on how to use the app, you can download the 

UM2284

and other useful documentation from our website

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcus-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32-ode-function-pack-sw/fp-ind-plcwifi1.html

http://www.st.com

Please let me know if you will still have other issues after the user manual check

Thanks for contacting us

Best regards

Massimo 

Posted on May 16, 2018 at 14:59

Massimo,

The manual was not particularly helpful as it does not list any error codes.

However, I believe that error was caused by an incorrect 'Configuration type' selection: as you can see above, I had 'X-NUCLEO-PLC01A1' selected, but my actual configuration is 'X-NUCLEO-PLC01A1 + X-NUCLEO-OUT01A1'.  The project works fine with the correct Configuration type.

Thanks,

Dave

BTW: I'd like to know if the 'Android ST-PLC App' project is available. We are interested in making some additions.

simo arno
Associate
Posted on June 06, 2018 at 11:26

Hello Fellow,

I ve been working with the extension board FP_IND_PLCWIFI and trying to integrate the middelware in another project. The issue that I m facing with is that there is no docu/description regarding the frame format of the wifi. Also the code in the middelware hasnt enought comments.

Cheers

Simo

Posted on June 08, 2018 at 11:44

Hello Dave,

Unfortunately the 'ST-PLC App'  source code   is not available .

Do you have in mind to start with some project starting from our HW solution?

Best regards

Massimo

Posted on June 08, 2018 at 11:49

Hello Simo,

which kind of issue did you find for the integration?

The WiFi protocol is managed by our library, so regarding which part of middleware did you face issue?

Best regards

Massimo

Posted on June 19, 2018 at 17:27

Massimo,

Yes, we are investigating the use of this system as a PLC for use in some of the projects we design.

~Dave