cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B-L072Z-LRWAN1 is not recognize (COM port)

Julien Weber
Associate II
Posted on April 27, 2018 at 14:57

Dear Community,

I've bought 2 different evaluation boards to know better LoRa with STM32 MCUs. First, I bought the Nucleo board with the Mbed shied from Semtech ( P-NUCLEO-LRWAN1). I've managed to connect it to my laptop and communicate through Serial port (flash, debug,...). I've install the STLink WinUSB and the UsbUser port drivers, available on this link : 

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/development-tools/software-development-tools/stm32-software-development-tools/stm32-utilities/stsw-link009.html

After this, I bought another evaluation board with the Murata chip on it (B-L072Z-LRWAN1). I can connect it to my laptop, the default software is running (blinking leds,..) and I can see the device in my File Manager under the name :  DIS_L072Z.

However, when I want to change the software or launch the debug mode in Kei UVision 5, I can't because there is no serial port for my device. In my Devices Manager I have new lines :

libusb (WinUSB) devices

-> STMicroelectronics STLink dongle (Libusb - WinUSB)

-> STMicroelectronics STLink Virtual COM Port (Libusb - WinUSB)

Does someone had also this problem ? How can I fix this driver issue?

Regards. 

#driver #lora #b-l072z-lrwan1 #stlink-error
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on April 27, 2018 at 16:37

Not sure why Keil would care what serial port you use in terms of connecting to the ST-LINK and programming/debugging the device.

Go into the the Options and Debug Settings and make sure you're talking to the correct ST-LINK on the LORA-DISCO board.

The ST-LINK Utilities should install drivers, and permit connectivity to the device, and allow for a firmware update. If Windows is using the wrong driver then go in via Device Manager and change/update the driver it is using.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on May 07, 2018 at 17:12

Dear Clive One,

I had to try with another computer to know if it wasn't the board which was broken but it isn't. Then I re-reinstall all the drivers from the Device Manager for the USB communication. 

Thank you for your time.