cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Language from Korean to English for Display (PSD913F2)

Jawad Waheed
Associate II
Posted on May 02, 2018 at 10:12

I am running a machine (steam generator) that has a control system with LCD display based on DS80C320 microcontroller, and PSD913F2 Flash ISP. The display language is in Korean, and I want to convert that into English. How can I perform the conversion of the langauge?  

9 REPLIES 9
Lead
Posted on May 02, 2018 at 11:14

The DS80C320 is a 8051-compatible MCU, not sure if are in the proper forum, at the proper vendor.

The display language is in Korean, and I want to convert that into English. How can I perform the conversion of the langauge?

Considering the MCU and the assumed environment, by:

-  translating the Korean texts

-  rewrite the application

Posted on May 02, 2018 at 12:10

Thanks for your reply.. how can I access that korean texts stored in MCU?

meyer.frank

Posted on May 02, 2018 at 12:16

I don't know.

You are supposed to have the source code of the current application.

Else you might try to attach a debugger, read out the flash, and disassemble it.

Posted on May 02, 2018 at 13:47

If you have the firmware binary you might be able to see the text in a file view or hex editor.

You might be able to patch the text and correct any checksums in the image.

A bit beyond the scope of the forum, and not related to STM32/STM8 parts.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on May 02, 2018 at 14:04

If you have the firmware binary you might be able to see the text in a file view or hex editor.

This might be difficult for Asian multi-byte characters.

A bit beyond the scope of the forum, and not related to STM32/STM8 parts.

Definitely.

Posted on May 02, 2018 at 14:38

There is this LCD Module with Toshiba T6963C Controller, which is bus connected to a PCB that has a ST PSD913F2-90J and a DS80C320 Microcontroller embedded on it, and only a JTAG connector IEEE1149.1 ( enabling only 4 pins : TDO, TDI, TCK, TMS) ... as the display is in Korean, the LCD controller T6963C is using a custom External Memory to read characters, most probably ST PSD913F2-90J, so my question was how to access this PSD913F2 and change where ever that Korean Display data is stored into English. I dont have any firmware binary, but want to access and amend it. 

Posted on May 02, 2018 at 17:02

Thread seemed to have forked over to here

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009XkWO0SAN

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on May 02, 2018 at 15:11

The PSD913F2 adds some remote relation to ST here, but you will hardly find anyone here who has experience with this part.

About the rest, we (including me) are in a worse position than you, we do not have your hardware.

Guess you are left to disassemble and analyze the binary.

An certain knowledge of the Korean language and it's digital representation will prove beneficial.

Posted on May 02, 2018 at 17:34

it seemed more pertinent there..