cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX plugin clock setup error (standalone it's OK)

Andrea Canepa
Senior
Posted on May 10, 2018 at 19:34

The same version (4.25.1) of STM32CubeMX behaves differently if it is the 'plugin' (installed on TrueSTUDIO 9.0.1) from the 'standalone'.

The MCU is: STM32H743ZI

The problem: in the PLUGIN version, by setting the HSE clock in MHz it is rewritten wrong as '0.000000 .....'. For example: I write 8 MHz, press ENTER, the writing becomes 0.0000080. Obviously this generates an error and the 'Input Frequency' box turns red. If I press the 'Resolve Clock Issue' button, after a few minutes it stops and writes 'Can not found a solution for some constrain'. If I repeat the same operations on the 'standalone' version everything works properly, if in HSE I write 8 MHz it remains written with that value.

Steps to reproduce the defect:

1. Open TrueSTUDIO, start STM32CubeMX plugin (inside trueSTUDIO).

2. New project.

3. Part number search: STM32H743ZI

4. Click on the MCU on the right down. Then 'Start Project'.

5. In the PINOUT select RCC, set the High Speed Clock (HSE) to: 'Crystal/ceramic resonator'.

6. Go to Clock configurator. You can see on the left HSE Input Frequency: 25 MHz, blue background. It's OK.

7. Click on the box under 'Input Frequency HSE', delete 25 MHz and type: 8

8. After pressing ENTER the box turns red and the writing becomes 0.0000080

9. If you switch System Clock Mux on PLLCLK you will see that all the subsequent calculations are wrong, there is no way to restore the correct values even by pressing the 'Resolve clock issue' button.

As I wrote before, if you take the same steps on the standalone version, everything works regularly.

Regards

Andrea

#stm32cubemx-4.25.1 #stm32cubemx-plugin #stm32h7 #hse-config #hse-issue
8 REPLIES 8
Nawres GHARBI
ST Employee
Posted on May 14, 2018 at 10:34

Hi

Canepa.Andrea

‌,

thanks for rising this issue, it will be fixed next eclipse plugin version but unfortunately I could not give a delivery date, I will keep you informed

Posted on May 14, 2018 at 14:56

So you managed to reproduce the flaw? This is everyone's problem, is not it only mine?

Andrea.

Posted on May 14, 2018 at 15:23

yes it has been reproduced and is a known bug to be fixed in the new eclipse plugin 

Stefano Di Maio
Associate II
Posted on June 07, 2018 at 17:54

I've the same problem using the plugin STM32CubeMX 4.0 and Atollic TrueStudio STM32 9.0.1.

I have two PC with Windows 10 installed. The one with italian language has the problem but the one with english has not. Another PC with Windows 8.1 ( italian language ) shows exactly the same issue.

Very strange.

NewProject-><Board selector>->NUCLEO-F401RE->Clock Configuration

Result :

0690X0000060PGgQAM.gif

The automatic issues solver doesn't fix the problem.

Best regards.

Posted on June 08, 2018 at 09:27

Hi Stefano, 

Sorry for the ambiguous answer maybe, but MX and eclipse plugin version are two different things. 

The new version of the plug-in will be published in some months, I will keep you informed about the exact delivery date.

Posted on June 08, 2018 at 10:25

Ok. Thanks.

Posted on June 12, 2018 at 15:45

Hi,

I've installed the new version of the eclipse plug-in but the result is the same.

The installed plug-in is version 4.26.

Best regards

Posted on June 15, 2018 at 11:01

Yes, I confirm that the same happens to me too with the plugin V 4.26!

Nothing has changed, not even the flaw I indicated at the beginning of this thread! The fact is very worrying.

Andrea