Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS3DH temperature sensor when supply voltage is 1.8V

L CO
Associate
Posted on May 02, 2018 at 18:10

Hello,

I have a question regarding a note in the datasheet of the LIS3DH accelerometer:

I want to use the accelerometer LIS3DH for one of my application with the following specifications:

- The accelerometer is supplied at 1.8V (in compliance with datasheet).

- The functions to be achieved are: orientation detection and  provide temperature.

I saw the following note in the datasheet:

'The product is factory calibrated at 2.5 V. Temperature sensor operation is guaranteed in the range 2 V - 3.6 V.'

What those that means? The temperature sensor is not working when the accelerometer is supplied at 1.8V ?

Thanks for your help.

#accelerometer #lis3dh #temperature-sensor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee
Posted on May 02, 2018 at 21:46

It means ,ST doesn't guerantee that the sensor will work at 1.8V. They might be pieces which will work, and pieces which wont work. The functionality can be also limited from to certain temperature range, ... Basicaly it is not good practice to use it at 1.8V.

Please be also aware that the temperature sensor measures only relative temperature change and not absolute value.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee
Posted on May 02, 2018 at 21:46

It means ,ST doesn't guerantee that the sensor will work at 1.8V. They might be pieces which will work, and pieces which wont work. The functionality can be also limited from to certain temperature range, ... Basicaly it is not good practice to use it at 1.8V.

Please be also aware that the temperature sensor measures only relative temperature change and not absolute value.

L CO
Associate
Posted on May 04, 2018 at 10:10

Ok thanks, unfortunately i cannot change the requirements of 1.8V. I will look for an other accelerometer.