Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLE Android Apps

Rick V
Associate
Posted on May 02, 2018 at 20:11

Hello,

Where can I find the source code for the Demo Android Apps, such as the 'BlueNRG' app or 'STM32 BLE Profiles' app.

Thanks,

Ricardo

#android-app #bluetooth
5 REPLIES 5
Antonio Vilei
Senior III
Posted on May 08, 2018 at 16:09

Hi Ricardo,

the source code for the apps that you mentioned is not available. Anyway, on GitHub you can find our general purpose Software Development Kit, called 

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics-CentralLabs/BlueSTSDK_Android

, that can be used as a starting point for smartphone app development. It is 

a multi-platform library (Android and iOS supported) that permits easy access to the data exported by Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) devices.

Best regards,

Antonio

Posted on July 04, 2018 at 02:48

Thank you, Antonio, this helps me out and I have a question.

Where would I find an Android App programmer that would understand how to use the 

multi-platform library you shared?

I have my app completed, all I need is for someone to use the code you shared above, so I can switch from using the phones internal Accelerometer and Microphone, to the SensorTile's Accelerometer and Microphone. With the code you provided it shouldn’t take a seasoned programmer long to do.

Thanks again,

Jess

Posted on July 04, 2018 at 11:23

Hi Jess,

unfortunately, I don't have any contacts in your area.

As a start, you could try using some websites for freelance programmers. Or you could get in touch with some local Computer Science faculties to find students/interns with the programming skills you need.

Best regards,

Antonio

Posted on July 04, 2018 at 15:51

I would be glad to use someone out of my area and I tried a local college, twice, and both times it was a disaster.

Could you send me a list of ALL potential people in the United States that could help me. 

Thanks

Posted on July 04, 2018 at 19:06

Hi Jess,

what kind of specific issues did you have with the people that you found at your local college? Did they have any previous experience with 

Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) in Android?

Unfortunately, I'm not able to find a list of all potential people in the U.S. who could help you. 

Maybe you could contact your local ST sales office or our distributor in your area and ask them if they know someone who could help you with the development of your app for Android.

Please take into account that this community is essentially meant to discuss about embedded programming when using ST components. Android programming is probably a bit out of scope.

While we provide the source code of our SDK for mobile applications to make it easier for customers to get started, we don't require people to necessarily use our own code for Android or iOS. In your specific case, you'll probably have good chances of finding good mobile programmers with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) experience by asking the same question on an Android programming forum.

Just as an example, here is the link to the 

https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/connectivity/bluetooth-le

. That documentation is directly maintained by Google and is independent of the BLE chip vendor.

Hope this helps.

Antonio