cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cubemx and IAR

Eli Garay
Associate
Posted on May 02, 2018 at 22:51

When I press the 'generate the source code' button in MxCube a window pops up that says 'Open Folder', 'Open Project', or 'Cancel'. In the past when I would click on 'Open Project' it would take me to the instance of the IAR project that was already open. However, if the IAR project is already open, it open a new instance (rather than the existing instance). So,  I end up having 2 windows of IAR open rather than just 1. Any ideas how to correct this?

Not sure why it use to open the existing instance and now it opens a new instance.  I dont think I modified any of the settings.  

Any ideas how to correct this?

Panecki.Szymon.002

‌

marsanne.sebastien

‌

#iar #stm32l100cdiscovery #stm32-iar #cubemx
1 REPLY 1
Szymon PANECKI
Senior III
Posted on May 05, 2018 at 15:40

Hello Eli,

On my side I got used to do the folowing:

• when I generate code from STM32CubeMX for a first time, I click 'Open project' button. As a result IAR EWARM opens first instance of IDE.
  • when I generate code from STM32CubeMX for a second time and more I don't click 'Open project button' anymore. I click 'Cancel' button. As a result IAR EWARM doesn't create more instances. I refer to the one, which was created before (during first code generation) and which is already opened. This instance is always updated with each code generation, so there is no need to create another instances of IDE.

I hope this information will be helpful to you.

Regards

Szymon