Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F4 KEIL license issue

RN
Senior
Posted on June 14, 2018 at 08:03

Hello, 

I bought the new f746 discovery board but when i tried to compile some middlewares keil is throwing errors 

Error &sharp603: 'Segger.MDK-Plus::Graphics:CORE:5.36.6': component requires valid MDK-ARM Plus or MDK-ARM Professional license

Do you provide any support to overcome this ? like serial number or something . 

or which IDE do you recommend  to explore all the graphics , fat, usb middlewares ?

Thanks 

#stm32f7-discovery
2 REPLIES 2
Tilen MAJERLE
ST Employee
Posted on June 14, 2018 at 08:25

Hello,

we offer free Keil uVision license for STM32 microcontrollers based on Cortex-M0/+ core. For the rest, ST does not support free licenses.

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/development-tools/software-development-tools/stm32-software-development-tools/stm32-ides/truestudio.html

is the official tool today for STM32 by ST. You may use unlimited flash size and any STM32.
Posted on June 14, 2018 at 09:17

Keil can provide a temporary license for evaluation. You should contact them.

If you're not prepared to pay Keil, you can use the STemWin and FatFs packages, and examples that come with the CubeF7 and HAL libraries.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..