cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX can't update and generate source code

Rock Deng
Associate III
Posted on May 30, 2018 at 09:50

CubeMX pop up the message 'updater is already in use and checking server. Then please retry launching the Updater after few seconds'. It has been always checking and nothing updated. Because of that issue, there is no firmware available and it can't generate source code.

How to fix that issue? 

OS version: macOS High Sierra 10.13.4

CubeMX version: 4.25.1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted on June 04, 2018 at 04:35

Hi Mohamed,

Sorry, I can't find 

STM32CubeMX.log

file in my mac, but I think I got the same situation in detail as Moises described. 

You are right, the issue was caused by proxy. I'm used to surfing the internet with the proxy named shadowsock, and nothing unexpected happened after I turn off the proxy. 

The problem is solved and thank you very much!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Nesrine M_O
Lead II
Posted on May 30, 2018 at 09:59

Hi

Deng.Rock

This issue is reported to our MX team for check.

-Nesrine-

Posted on May 31, 2018 at 14:40

Hi

Deng.Rock

This window

brings

out when the updater is checking for update (or working

in

the background

) and you want to change for example the configuration of your proxy. In that case, a pop up window appear. For example, I had

succeeded

to reproduce yo

ur issue

by

:

• New project CubeMX (load mcu)

• Help ----> Manage embedded software packages

• Help ----> Updater setting

===> the window appear

0690X0000060BQQQA2.png

Please let me know about the steps you followedto get this issue. I

t will be more helpful if you can send me your log file (C:\Users\xxxxx\.stm32cubemx\STM32CubeMX.log)

Please do not hesitate to contact me for further details.

Best Regards,

Mohamed.

Posted on May 31, 2018 at 16:16

Hi Mohamed,

i just installed the software and i am facing the same issue from the very beginning. I mean, at the moment that the STMcubeMX software (version 4.25.1) is opened, the process 'Checking for updates' starts automatically with and stays there for ever.

I can't even close the software properly because this message 'updater is already in use and checking server. Then please retry launching the Updater after few seconds' appears.

Also my PC starts to freeze.

OS version: Windows 10 Home, 64-bits.

STM32cubeMX version: 4.25.1

I appreciate any help to solve this issue.

Thanks,

Moises Reyes.

Posted on June 01, 2018 at 11:14

Hi,

By default, automatic update is enable. Although it takes time, it is highly recommended to let him check for the new updates to get the latest firmware version.

If you have problems with the updater, you can switch to offline mode and then disable it. Please referto this link to get more explication and details about updater configuration:

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009XkWUvSAN

Please do not hesitate to contact me for further details.

Best Regards,

Mohamed.

Posted on June 01, 2018 at 16:31

Hi Mohamed,

Thanks for your answer but sadly it did not solve my problem.

I took some screenshots to show you what is going on.

At start STM32cubeMX software version 4.25.1. It is not possible to disable the automatic update search. When i try to click on ?Updater Settings? appears the message ''updater is already in use and checking server. Then please retry launching the Updater after few seconds''.

0690X0000060L0jQAE.png

This appears when i try to close the software.

0690X0000060L4fQAE.png

This appears when i click on ''new project'' option. This is very strange, because obviously i have a internet connection and i have added an exception in my firewall (just in case).

0690X0000060L1IQAU.png

After i click on ''yes'' appears again the same message.

0690X0000060L4kQAE.png

This situation happens two times and then i have access to this screen, but after 5 minutes it is impossible to work. My pc is absolutely frozen.

0690X0000060L4pQAE.png

As you can see in the next screenshot, i have no .log file to share.

0690X0000060L4uQAE.png

So in summary:

- I can't disable the auto update search.

- I can't work with the software

- I can't close the software properly.

- I have waited several hours (more than 3 hours), in case the software requires just more time to check for updates.

My pc runs windows 10 Home 64-bits

My JRE version is 1.8.0_171-b11

Have a nice day and thaks again,

Moises Reyes.

Posted on June 03, 2018 at 21:59

Hi again,

i do not know but seems like STM team made some changes. Today the software finally work perfect :D

Thanks again for your support.

Bye

Moises Reyes.

Posted on June 04, 2018 at 04:35

Hi Mohamed,

Sorry, I can't find 

STM32CubeMX.log

file in my mac, but I think I got the same situation in detail as Moises described. 

You are right, the issue was caused by proxy. I'm used to surfing the internet with the proxy named shadowsock, and nothing unexpected happened after I turn off the proxy. 

The problem is solved and thank you very much!

Posted on June 04, 2018 at 04:46

Thanks for your reply and the support from you and MX team.

Posted on June 04, 2018 at 04:57

Hi Moises,

It probably caused by proxy just as my situation.

For win10 user, you can open setting-->click network&internet-->click proxy--> turn off everything.