Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWSTM32 build errors

Alpha Mr
Associate II
Posted on May 16, 2018 at 08:04

Hi,

I am exploring X-NUCLEO_IDB05A1 with STM32L476RG Nucleo, And while building the Profile_central project, I am getting build errors in console. Errors like:

arm-none-eabi-gcc: error: ..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\Middlewares\ST\STM32_BlueNRG\LibProfCentr\Src\proximity_reporter\proximity_reporter.c: No such file or directory

arm-none-eabi-gcc: fatal error: no input files

compilation terminated.

Every time it displays different file names in above error. Those files are there but still it says that it didn't found the files! I know Eclipse gives error for deep addresses, so I extracted the en.X-CUBE-BLE1 to desktop but still it gives the same errors.

Anybody know how to solve this error?

#swst32
5 REPLIES 5
Lead
Posted on May 16, 2018 at 09:12

Those files are there but still it says that it didn't found the files!

You seeing it in the file manager doesn't mean the compiler sees it.

I know Eclipse gives error for deep addresses, ...

Why do you believe that ?

... so I extracted the en.X-CUBE-BLE1 to desktop but still it gives the same errors.

There is no 'desktop'. This is just a graphical GUI metaphor.

Do you know where in the file system those files really end up when you 'extract to the desktop' ?

arm-none-eabi-gcc: error: ..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\Middlewares\ST\STM32_BlueNRG\LibProfCentr\Src\proximity_reporter\proximity_reporter.c: No such file or directory

Do you know what that path string means, and have you checked it with a file manager ?

Posted on May 16, 2018 at 09:25

You seeing it in the file manager doesn't mean the compiler sees it.

I mean, by opening a declaration I have confirmed that IDE knows that where the files are. If it don't then it won't have shown me the file by pressing F3 key, isn't it?

Why do you believe that ?

Actually I have tested the SensorDemo project of this package. And it gave same errors when the project was in deep location, so I pasted that project in narrow location and it build and worked fine. Hence I believe.

There is no 'desktop'. This is just a graphical GUI metaphor.

Do you know where in the file system those files really end up when you 'extract to the desktop' ?

Yes. But I thought desktop would be less deep location to avoid errors. Yes I know where the files are and yes they really end up where I extracted them.

Do you know what that path string means, and have you checked it with a file manager ?

Yes I have tested this path and the file is actually there.

Thanks.

Posted on May 16, 2018 at 10:34

I mean, by opening a declaration I have confirmed that IDE knows that where the files are. If it don't then it won't have shown me the file by pressing F3 key, isn't it?

You mix up the IDE with the compiler. Open files in the editor does not add them to the project.

Yes. But I thought desktop would be less deep location to avoid errors. Yes I know where the files are and yes they really end up where I extracted them.

Yes I have tested this path and the file is actually there.

I suppose you work on a Windows system.

Do you have spaces or special characters in path names ?

File systems on Mac and Linux systems are case-sensitive.

Get your toolchain to display a full build console log (inlcuding the build command line), and check what paths this actually evaluates to.

Posted on May 16, 2018 at 11:10

Anyways thank you for your help. I extracted it in directly in a drive instead of a folder. And magically code is building but I am not able to debug it now. The code is not pointing to main function after starting instead it shows source is not available for main or Reset handler. What does it mean? Code runs but I cannot halt it using break point.

Posted on May 16, 2018 at 11:22

So it seems it was a path name issue.

... but I am not able to debug it now. The code is not pointing to main function after starting instead it shows source is not available for main or Reset handler. What does it mean? Code runs but I cannot halt it using break point.

Source and executable not in sync ?

Debug configuration not properly setup ?

Built a 'release' version (instead of Debug) the IDE refuses to debug ?

I don't use your toolchain, so I can't really comment.