cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I configure PHY 8720A in CubeMX?

Rémy Tremblay
Associate
Posted on June 11, 2018 at 20:22

Hi,

In the Advanced Parameters of the ETH configuration, there is only the LAN8742A external PHY configuration. Is it possible to use an other external PHY (like 8720A) using CubeMX?

I tried with the user PHY, but I don't know where I can find the configs for the PHY 8720A. I tried the datasheet, but there's nothing like Read TimeOut or Write TimeOut.

Did anyone already created a project with PHY 8720A on CubeMx and can tell me about the configs or where I can find them?

Thank you very much.

#ethernet-stm32f7 #cubemx-4.25 #phy-8720a #external-phy #ethernet-phy
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nawres GHARBI
ST Employee
Posted on June 25, 2018 at 18:50

Hi Remy, 

This PHY is not supported by MX, so you have to use the custom PHY and fill with the needed information. 

You can find easily these information in the your PHY datasheet. 

Don't hesitate if you need help to do that

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on June 12, 2018 at 12:20

Hello

remy.tremblay

STM32CubeMX does not support the 87In fact, there was a rework of the ethernet driver; separation of IP_ETH and PHY parts. This new design was applied only on the STM32H7, equipped by the LAN87 For other series like STM32F2, F4 and F7 it was not done yet.

I do not know when it will be done for STM32F7. But, unfortunately, I can't give you any target date for the moment.

I will share this discussion with CubeMx team for more details and comment on this topic.

Otherwhise, h

ave a look to this document

it may help you on LwIP configuration and y

ou can also look at the UM1718, paragraph 'LwIP' for LwIP configuration inside STM32CubeMX.

Hope this will help you.

With Regards,

Imen.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Nawres GHARBI
ST Employee
Posted on June 25, 2018 at 18:50

Hi Remy, 

This PHY is not supported by MX, so you have to use the custom PHY and fill with the needed information. 

You can find easily these information in the your PHY datasheet. 

Don't hesitate if you need help to do that

Hello Nawres GHARBI,

How can I use custom PHY with stm32f407. I have lan8720a module. so what configuration is required . I have generated code with LWIP and ETH in stm32cubemx. But it is not working. can you help me what can I do ?

FWagn.1
Associate

Hey,

You have any Solutions?

Currently working on a LAN9303 and have the same Problem!!

Thanks