cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming stm32f091 for the first time (using ST-LINK utility)

Holger Hofmann
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2018 at 11:03

After programming stm32f091 for the first time (using ST-LINK utility), the chip does not reboot automatically. Only after plugging-off the power source. Read out protection is Level0. User configuration option bytes are default. Programming the same chip for the second time, chip reboots automatically. Any hints?

6 REPLIES 6
Lead
Posted on May 17, 2018 at 11:14

I would suspect the application code.

Most toolchains/debuggers support a reset of the target - and a debug without download.

So you should be able to step through the code, and see where it gets stuck.

After programming stm32f091 for the first time (using ST-LINK utility), ...

What, exactly ?

A board with some 'strange' bootloader, like mbed or Mikromedia ?

Holger Hofmann
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2018 at 11:33

Our own board. No strange bootloader.

It's a blank device that is programmed (Bin-file) in our production. Check box 'Reset after programming' is selected in ST-Link Utility.

After programming the same chip (with the same application after a 'Full chip erase') for the second, third,.... time the chip resets automatically after the programming cycle as expected and starts the application.

Posted on May 17, 2018 at 11:54

Or perhaps you forgot to pull the BOOTx pins on a defined level ?

Luke Iliffe
Associate III
Posted on June 01, 2018 at 18:12

I've been getting something similar but I don't think quite the same. You might be hitting into the Empty check feature of the STM32F091 see RM0091.pdf end of page 52 beginning of page 53..

T J
Lead
Posted on June 02, 2018 at 04:10

you may want to check the firmware version on the STlink.

There was an update some time ago, not sure if your unit has that update...Just a thought...

Holger Hofmann
Associate II
Posted on June 04, 2018 at 08:17

Thank you for your replies and sorry for my late answer. I will check your ideas the next days and will give you a feedback.