cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advantages of using integrated sensors like LSM9DS1

Sijun Kim
Associate
Posted on May 23, 2018 at 08:18

Hello, I'm going to develop a kind of solutions for local positioning, and wondering the benefits of using integrated sensors (accelerometer, gyro, and magnetometer) like LSM9DS1 over using individual sensors and gathering.

As I can handle each sensor like LSM6DSL and LIS2MDL, I think I can make data like from LSM9DS1.

Are the data from LSM9DS1 sensor better in terms of accuracy, speed, or any other things?

Thank you for your answer in advance!

#mems #lsm9ds1
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee
Posted on May 23, 2018 at 16:37

The only benefit which I see is that all is in one package, so the occupied area on PCB is smaller.

But the LSM9DS1 is quite old device, the combination of LSM6DSL + LIS2MDL is much better option.

In terms of accuracy, current consumption, embedded features, and so on the combination of these two devices is much better.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee
Posted on May 23, 2018 at 16:37

The only benefit which I see is that all is in one package, so the occupied area on PCB is smaller.

But the LSM9DS1 is quite old device, the combination of LSM6DSL + LIS2MDL is much better option.

In terms of accuracy, current consumption, embedded features, and so on the combination of these two devices is much better.