cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating border router on iMX6 with SPSGRF-915 Sub-1GHz module

Anesh Kumar
Associate II
Posted on June 02, 2018 at 07:24

My goal is to create SUB-1 GHz 6LOWPAN mesh network, that will interact with an edge/border router and eventually that edge/border router forward data to the internet. For mesh network, I found documentation and resources with the help of that I am able to create the mesh network of microcontroller based nodes.I found resources on ST website on how to make Nucleo board as edge/border router.  

Question: In my case, I have a Freescale/NXP's iMX6 based Linux embedded board, on which SPSGRF-915 modules (from ST) SPI's pins are connected to iMX6 SPI's pins. I want to create edge/border router on this Linux board for that I am looking for Linux Driver, Device tree binding information etc. 

Is ST provides Linux driver for SPIRIT1 (SPSGRF) like they provide for MEMS or NFC? If they provide, can anybody please share the link for that? (I am guessing the answer is hidden in 

https://github.com/contiki-os/contiki

, but I couldn't find which file I should compile for Linux and device tree binding).

Thank you very much to all, I hope to get the solution soon.

1 REPLY 1
Anesh Kumar
Associate II

I want to answer this question may be it helps somebody, I didn't find exact solution what I wanted but end up using a micro-controller based co-processor that running border router code and UART2 pins of micro-controller connected to Linux board. You will find how to run boarder router on Linux from this link.

https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/user_manual/group0/13/c8/99/6c/b7/38/4d/90/DM00255309/files/DM00255309.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00255309.pdf

You should modify device name in the below command that you will find in manual.

sudo ./tunslip6 –s /dev/ttyACM0 aaaa::1/64

In my case it was ttymxc0.

ST doesn't have any driver support for SPIRIT1 with Linux yet or any documentation how to achieve that.

Thanks!