cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hexapod robot with STM32F4 and Camera detect of objects

Roderick D
Associate II
Posted on May 24, 2018 at 23:43

good morning  people i'm newbie in this plataform and I need a little bit of your help, I'm doing a project of a hexapod robot but I want it to detect objects with a camera module and if it loses the object that looks for it  ¿What camera do you recommend to do this type of work with images?

thank you very much and excuse my english, I am Spanish speaking

5 REPLIES 5
Lead
Posted on May 25, 2018 at 07:20

If you are really bound to a STM32F4, I would recommend the smallest workable image resolution. Something like 320x240. The F4 MCUs are limited in RAM size, and you need to read the image and iterate over it multiple times at your frame rate.

If I had the choice, I would go for a Cortex A module with Linux, and use OpenCV.

Posted on May 25, 2018 at 08:10

hello AvaTar 

then I could use an embedded computer which has a J1800 celeron and 4GB of RAM is almost the size of the STM32F4 card and works at 12V a 2.50A  could bind and send certain information to the microcontroller

but using the keil uVision 5 compiler how can I transfer the openCV libraries to control the servo motors?

thanks 

Posted on May 25, 2018 at 09:53

... but using the keil uVision 5 compiler how can I transfer the openCV libraries to control the servo motors?

I would do all the image processing stuff on the i86 board, including offset vectors for the servo motors.

The MCU board (STM32F4) would have to do the motor control.

The actual movements depend on your application of the robot.

Posted on May 25, 2018 at 10:03

correct I'm going to initialize with openCV and python

I am looking for a camera module at this time, which module could be suitable for these jobs? and thank you very much for answering

Posted on May 25, 2018 at 10:49

I don't do much with cameras / graphics, sorry.

Check the available interfaces at the i86 board, and search for matching camera modules.

I would look for:

- matching interface

- resolution (size and color)

- frame rate

- support by your i86 board OS

- price