Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing a Bluetooth Module with STM32L0xx

Ash G
Associate II
Posted on May 25, 2018 at 05:35

Hello STM32 community,

I'm working on a project to interface a Bluetooth module(Adafruit Bluefruit LE Friend) with STM32L073RZ. I'll be using HAL drivers and STM32CubeMX in this project. I'm new to STM32 environment. I need to send some data from an app (currently using Bluetooth LE app) to STM32 via the Bluetooth module. Once I get this working, I need to use Bluetooth module in command mode to determine the signal strength. I spent some time skimming through similar implementations.

I have decided to use UART with DMA so that I can put STM32 to a low power mode when it's not receiving or transmitting any data. As far as I can understand Tx is straightforward. But for Rx I need to use a circular buffer with idle line detection since I do not know the size of the incoming packets. I have tried

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009XkW2nSAF

But I couldn't get it to work. What I'm trying to achieve is send some data from a Bluetooth app and display it on a hyper terminal. I tried some AT commands as well. But didn't got any response from the Bluetooth module. I would appreciate if some one could point me in the right direction or share any similar examples.

Thank you!

#stm32-l0 #dma-uart
0 REPLIES 0