cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 BOOTLOADER [UART]

Evgeny Popov
Associate III
Posted on June 25, 2018 at 12:22

I know this question was asked many times before me, but its still a lot of info which is hard to find. My mcu is stm32f407, what im trying to do is be able to load firmware to mcu thourgh PC, im plannig to use Visual Studio's c♯ to write library for that, unfortunetly i have zero knowleadge about bootloader or stm32 flash write protocol, should be uart from VS connected to any UART? In my case my device has UART4 UART5? what i should to know and where can i find well documented samples? 

#stm32f4-flash
3 REPLIES 3
Khouloud GARSI
Lead II
Posted on June 25, 2018 at 14:10

Hi

jeezywoods

‌,

I advise you to refer to application note

https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/application_note/b9/9b/16/3a/12/1e/40/0c/CD001675pdf/files/CD001675pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.CD001675pdf

:STM32 microcontroller system memory boot mode; Section 26:STM32F40xxx/41xxx devices bootloader.

Khouloud.

Posted on June 26, 2018 at 14:10

Thx, but what about encryption? how can i protect my firmware while using boot0 bootloader?

Posted on June 26, 2018 at 14:22

You'd need to use read-out protection to stop people being able to read your code.

When using the System Loader, you could download a RAM based loader and use that to transfer an encrypted image, or use your own loader in the front of FLASH to implement a protected delivery method.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..