cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibly bricked discovery f746ng board?

fab cnq
Associate II
Posted on May 30, 2018 at 14:51

I was testing the functionality of the board under os x. This involved the use of st-flash . It seems that the stlink part itself is still working but I can't communicate with the processor. Using usb mass to upload an application gives me back a fail txt log. Using st-info isn't useful as it does not recognize the processor. Is there any way (jtag, usart?) to recover erease or unbrick the processor? As of now I can't upload any application. Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Posted on May 30, 2018 at 15:13

Pull/connect BOOT0 high, it will stop your code running. This type of issue can be caused code in you app reconfiguring the debug pins, turning off the clocks, or powering down the device.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on May 30, 2018 at 16:53

http://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/32f746gdiscovery.html

This is the board... I can't locate the pin.. think it is not exposed

Posted on May 30, 2018 at 18:48

Try the ST-LINK Utilities with the ''Connect Under Reset'' option, and if that connects Erase the part.

Short R42 pads

0690X00000604cmQAA.jpg
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on May 30, 2018 at 19:19

Thanks ! At the end, looking the schematics I got around with exactly this solution