cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L476 - Elimination of ST Link part

Divya  Saravana
Associate
Posted on May 31, 2018 at 09:56

Hello, I'm using STM32L476 Discovery board. Using the ST Link (5v), Live Hearing, Record and play back functions are working. But, I'm trying to eliminate the St-Link part from the board, for this purpose i tried giving 3.3v directly to the jumper JP6. In this case, Live hearing is working but record and playback function not working. So i would like to know whether it is because of power consumption, Clock cycle or any other reasons. Also can this issue be resolved by directly supplying 5V to the jumper with 3.3V Voltage regulator? Any kind of suggestion would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
RomainR.
ST Employee
Posted on May 31, 2018 at 11:39

Hello,

It looks like your MCU is not running your application because the reset pin is not released to VDD.

Have you tried removing the Jumper JP3 (nReset) while you feed the MCU under 3V3 on JP6?

You can find this information in the User Guide UM1879 chapter 7.2

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Posted on May 31, 2018 at 13:01

0690X00000604d6QAA.jpg

I tried with JP3 opened, in that case also Recorder and player functions are not working so I want to know why Recorder, Player and Guitar functions are not working under Battery power mode. And How can i overcome it?