Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L152 Wait Until the LCD Booster is ready

Graeme Gets
Associate II
Posted on June 12, 2018 at 23:17

Hi All,

I am having an issue getting the LCD to work on the STM32L152. I'm using STM32CubeMX to initialise the code. I have written the code to update the LCD on the Discovery Dev board. It does work, but only if I run one of the examples (temperature or current) first. Then if I load my code the LCD works just fine. When I re-power the board it fails again until I run one of the examples again. 

It fails before it gets to my code - while initialising the LCD so I'm assuming there is something else that needs to be set.

The code fails/Times-outs in the HAL driver here at the bottom of the HAL_LCD_Init function. I assume the converter cct is not being switched on? If so, what am I missing? 

Many Thanks 

/*!< Wait Until the LCD Booster is ready */

while(__HAL_LCD_GET_FLAG(hlcd, LCD_FLAG_RDY) == RESET)

{

if((HAL_GetTick() - tickstart ) > LCD_TIMEOUT_VALUE)

{

hlcd->ErrorCode = HAL_LCD_ERROR_RDY;

return HAL_TIMEOUT;

}

The initializeation code generated by STM32CubeMX is unchanged

int main(void)

{

/* USER CODE BEGIN 1 */

/* USER CODE END 1 */

/* MCU Configuration----------------------------------------------------------*/

/* Reset of all peripherals, Initializes the Flash interface and the Systick. */

HAL_Init();

/* USER CODE BEGIN Init */

/* USER CODE END Init */

/* Configure the system clock */

SystemClock_Config();

/* USER CODE BEGIN SysInit */

/* USER CODE END SysInit */

/* Initialize all configured peripherals */

MX_GPIO_Init();

MX_ADC_Init();

MX_LCD_Init();

MX_TS_Init();

/* USER CODE BEGIN 2 */

#lcd-converter #lcd-booster
1 REPLY 1
Graeme Gets
Associate II
Posted on June 13, 2018 at 18:12

Update: Getting closer to working this out.

Stepping through the code, I notice that when writing to the FCR the FCRSF (Frame Contol resister Sync flag) is not being set so the register is not being synced? But still not sure why.

So this is NOT to do with 'waiting for the booster'  - the issue is with this flag not being set.