Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help about the Ping Pong example with stm32l053 and LoRa module sx1272

adrien dalla costa
Associate
Posted on June 12, 2018 at 17:39

Hi,

I am working on a project about LoRa expansion board, I have an stm32l053 Nucleo and an I-NUCLEO-LRWAN1 with a sx1272 transceiver.

I am trying to compile the PING PONG project from STM32CubeExpansion_LRWAN_V1.1.5, but each time there is RX_TIMEOUT that appears on the terminal (termite or terra term or even Putty). And we have no communication between our 2 modules. We tried do make some modifications, such as those shown in the link below:

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FUSIWP1Module%2FUSI_I-NUCLEO-LRWAN1&h=ATOezg6d55-Q3zXRyCjKVT8m-iqADBfayhvuqw8Sdse6s4K5NcBsXWXXciaggQplCwzI0kwLgEnAxXnvqOqvY5RPKqygI6lP_3WWVtDJF6npPcZFXX4

We also tried to run the code and verify that there is a transmission with a spectrum analyzer, but nothing appeared.

We were trying to understand the functioning of the ping-pong example to understand how the transmission with LoRa Module works. Because our target is to enable communication between 2 LoRa module, one as a master (its mission will be to collect the data of the different sensors and transmit it,) and the other one as a slave (its mission is to receive the data of the master and then transmit it with Uart to the PC).

If you may want help us to find a solution to our problem.

Thank you.

#lorawan #lora #ping-pong #i-nucleo-lrwan1 #sx1272 #stm32l053
1 REPLY 1
Posted on June 13, 2018 at 15:41

Last time I worked on this was with LRWAN_v1.1.1, but ported to the USI module, and demonstrated rx and tx operation. The Ping-Pong example is a rather pointless and unstable application, I ported point-to-point demo code I built for the DISCO and Multi-Tech boards.

>>If you may want help us to find a solution to our problem. 

For commercial work I'm open to reasonable offers for my time.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..