Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC software connection issue with M24LR-DISCOVERY

Mike xx
Associate III
Posted on June 15, 2018 at 17:25

I have a M24LR-DISCOVERY development board and installed STSW-95HF001 Ver 2.2.0

After installation on Win 7 Pro and running the status bar says 'CR95HF demonstration board not connected, please check it'

I have checked that the USB device does not have a driver associated with it, as per device manager etc.

en.DM00238010.pdf says 'Driver included through a specific Dll' but this knowledge really doesn't help.

What am I missing?

#m24lr-discovery
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted on June 18, 2018 at 10:24

Hello Mike,

As you checked on user manual, no specific driver is needed. USB driver is based on HID UDB driver class, natively supported by all Microsoft OS winXP, win7, win8, win10. An additional Dll is embedded in install package.

We have never experienced this kind of issue on windows operating systems. Anyway I have not the possibility to use it on win7 PRO.

Few questions :

- Can you please use it on another computer based on other OS version to be sure that your CR95HF reader is not out of work ?

- Is 'hid.dll' file can e found in your win7 PRO computer C:/Windows/System32/hid.dll ?

- Be sure that you use active USB port (some ports cannot be used to manage USB on CR95HF reader such as usb port from keyboard or screens).

- If your reader work on other computer can you please communicate DLL version and Firmware version (displayed on screen as soon as the software starts).

Waiting for your response, we will find a solution to your issue,

Best regards

NFC/RFID ST support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Posted on June 18, 2018 at 10:24

Hello Mike,

As you checked on user manual, no specific driver is needed. USB driver is based on HID UDB driver class, natively supported by all Microsoft OS winXP, win7, win8, win10. An additional Dll is embedded in install package.

We have never experienced this kind of issue on windows operating systems. Anyway I have not the possibility to use it on win7 PRO.

Few questions :

- Can you please use it on another computer based on other OS version to be sure that your CR95HF reader is not out of work ?

- Is 'hid.dll' file can e found in your win7 PRO computer C:/Windows/System32/hid.dll ?

- Be sure that you use active USB port (some ports cannot be used to manage USB on CR95HF reader such as usb port from keyboard or screens).

- If your reader work on other computer can you please communicate DLL version and Firmware version (displayed on screen as soon as the software starts).

Waiting for your response, we will find a solution to your issue,

Best regards

NFC/RFID ST support

Mike xx
Associate III
Posted on June 18, 2018 at 19:24

Many thanks.

I should have realised a HID device should automatically connect, not needing a driver.

I simply moved the device into another port and the application worked straight away. In the original setup the device went through a hub into what may have been a USB3 socket.

Many thanks again for the ideas.