cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stm32 microcontroller configuration !

Jose Romero
Associate II
Posted on June 19, 2018 at 09:57

Good morning, I am configuring the microcontroller of my stm32F401RETx through STM32Cube MX, but I have the following doubt:

-> I need to get 18 pwm, the Tx and Rx, but to get said pwms I need to at least take the PA_2 pin that in an image of mbed tells me that it can only be used for the Tx (Image 1). My doubt is that, if the PA_2 pin can be used for pwm or just for Tx, it is that in the STMCube Mx if it can be connected as pwm (Image 2) and I am in doubt if it can or not.

Thank you very much! 

#tim-pwm #pin #microcontroller #microcontrollers
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on June 19, 2018 at 11:05

The mbed image reflects what can be used from mbed's library. In other words, that mbed does not support PWM on a given pin may be the limitation of mbed, not the limitation of the chip.

It may also well be that the mbed picture is related to the limitation of the given board (Nucleo I presume).

The ultimate information source is not mbed nor CubeMX, but the chip's datasheet (and reference manual).

JW

Jose Romero
Associate II
Posted on June 20, 2018 at 12:46

Apparently if you can, it appears in the following link:

https://os.mbed.com/teams/ST/wiki/Use-of-D0D1-Arduino-pins

Have someone verify this.

Thank you!
henry.dick
Senior II
Posted on June 20, 2018 at 13:13

Take a look at the datasheet for your device and count how many output compare channels it has. That's the most authoritative answer you will ever get.

No need for someone to confirm it for you.