Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High side switch VN7003ALH in parallel

Matteo Conti
Associate
Posted on June 19, 2018 at 16:51

Hello,

I'm interested in developing an application involving the high side switch VN7003ALH. In particular I was interested in putting more of these switches in parallel in order to split the current load. In order to read the total current that flows through the switches will it be sufficient to use a voltage summer with an op-amp that receives the CS pin output currents?

Is there other attentions to be aware in a parallel configuration?

Thank you very much,

Best regards,

Matteo

#vn7003 #high-side-switch #current #parallel #power
2 REPLIES 2
Luigi INNACOLO
Associate II
Posted on June 25, 2018 at 16:25

Hello Matteo,

paralleling VN7003ALH devices is not recommended only in case of inductive loads. For all other cases, further information can be found in the 'VIPower® M0-7 standard high-side drivers hardware design guide', Chapter 8, at the following link:

https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/user_manual/group0/13/bb/11/4c/95/7c/4a/d0/DM00214136/files/DM00214136.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00214136.pdf

Best regards,

Luigi

Posted on June 25, 2018 at 17:13

Hello Luigi,

Thanks for the reply. In my application I have a single battery, so a single VBat and single GND reference point. Therefore put CS pins in parallel should be ok.

In my case VN7003ALH is not driving directly an inductive load, but will instead act as a cut off switch for the power supply of electronics which drive the inductive load so that the demagnetization energy will discharge through their power path.

Best regards,

Matteo