Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Host MSC

Phill Harvey-Smith
Associate II
Posted on July 12, 2018 at 15:40

Hi all,

I'm trying tho get a USB flash drive working in USB host mode. I'm using an STM32F105RCT chip which I have mounted on a Nucleo F103RBT board.

The chip is working an I can program it, will respond on the USART channel through the onboard ST-Link etc.

I have generated code for the board using CubeMX, (I'll attach the project file, but basically USB host + FATFS + some other peripherals), which compiles and uploads correctly, I can single step debug it so seems to be working.  However the USB does not seem to work. I have my USB socket connected to the PA11 and PA12 pins on CN10, and powered from the +5V output of the board. I have resistors in line with the D+ and D- pins  though they are 33R, as I didn't have any 22R, and these where the next closest ones I had. I think I also have some smaller ones too, so can do some tests if needed.

However putting a scope on the D+ and D- lines shows no activity when trying to access the USB which I find strange. Also for the other periperals such as the USART,  there is initialization code which programs to output lines of the peripheral to have an alternate function rather than being a gpio pin, this doesn't seem to be being done anywhere for the D+ and D- lines which I find strange. Do I need to add code to do this somewhere? If so what do I need to program the lines as.

Cheers.

Phill.

0 REPLIES 0