cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPSGRF-868 module

GUNA SEKARAN
Associate
Posted on June 21, 2018 at 07:53

I am using SPSGRF-868 module on a medical device. I am trying to get the connection established between acquisition board(transmitter) with the Main display board (receiver). Both have this module configured in P2P mode.

I used a code base from STM32CubeExpansion_SUBG1_V2.0.0 - I am using F4 controller @ both sides.

Essentially same code base.

HAL_Spirit1_Init();

P2P_Init();

Seems to do its job. Confirmed SPIs CLK and other things.

P2P_Process @ receiver side does not receive anything. Perhaps, sending is not proper. Not sure.

I am setting state machine to SM_STATE_START_RX for receiving and SM_STATE_SEND_DATA for transmitting before 

P2P_Process call.

Only change in my implementation is GPIO IRQs (Tx/Rx) are not configured. In my board the module GPIOs(all 4)are grounded and NOT connected to processor. Is it necessary to connect and configure for this code base to work?

Looking forward..

Thank you

Guna

#spsgrf-868 #spirit
1 REPLY 1
GUNA SEKARAN
Associate
Posted on June 24, 2018 at 15:09

Hi,

Finally I made this work, after I connected the GPIO3 to STM32 controller pin with IRQ. Communication is happening.

On the Throughput:

Can someone help if it was possible to get 200kpbs+ throughput between SPSGRF-868. I would highly appreciate, if someone can share their experience. My distance would be not more than 10-12mts between transceivers.

If so, would appreciate sharing the config values? I tried changing frequency deviation and Buadrate. Nothing seem to happen.

Any pointers...