Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] Low-Power Stop Mode Example -> Dead STM32

F F
Associate II
Posted on June 25, 2018 at 12:17

Hi,

Today I tried the STM example (see below path) of low power stop mode on my STM32L053, While stepping trough the code in debug mode, somewhere in SystemPower_Config(), line 237, HAL_GPIO_Init(...) the connection with the cortex  got lost (so before sleep mode is enabled!). Now I'm unable to communicate with the stm32: I'm unable to flash the chip or connect via ST STM32 Link Utility. Also power down and up the power source (which normally works in other low-power modes) or use the NRST does not do the trick. 

Too bad I tried the same example with another

STM32L053 with the same result.

Is this a known issue in the PWR example code? Any ideas to get my boards responsive again?

en.stm32cubel0/STM32Cube_FW_L0_V1.10.0/Projects/STM32L053R8-Nucleo/Examples/PWR_STOP_RTC

#low-power
5 REPLIES 5
Pevy.Andy
Associate III
Posted on June 25, 2018 at 12:53

Is there an option to 'Connect under reset' on your flashing software ?. If so enable it.

F F
Associate II
Posted on June 25, 2018 at 13:33

SOLVED ->  replaced the ST LINK debugger with another. Problem solved.

Posted on June 25, 2018 at 13:09

Yes there is. I switched Mode to Connect Under Reset. Connected ST Links RESET pin to STM32's NRST. No luck.

Posted on June 25, 2018 at 13:26

Or force the board into the system (ROM) bootloader with BOOT0/BOOT1, and do a mass erase.

Serjaru
Associate

Did you read comment in code (main.c)??

(en.stm32cubel0/STM32Cube_FW_L0_V1.10.0/Projects/STM32L053R8-Nucleo/Examples/PWR_STOP_RTC)

Read again!!!

static void SystemPower_Config(void)

{

/* Configure all GPIO port pins in Analog Input mode (floating input trigger OFF) */

/* Note: Debug using ST-Link is not possible during the execution of this  */

/*      example because communication between ST-link and the device      */

/*      under test is done through UART. All GPIO pins are disabled (set  */

/*      to analog input mode) including UART I/O pins.          */

}