cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fluctuation in the high voltage level

pooja nagar
Associate II
Posted on June 26, 2018 at 09:00

In STM32F411 Discovery board, The STlink was not able to program the on board STM32f411, so i have used

STLink /v2 external module to load the program into MCU. I have also applied the target voltage 3.3V to the board through STLink/v2. The spikes are observed in the high level of voltage. I have also experimented to provide external power supply. The fluctuation is still there. The voltage level does not stay steady to the level provided. This is seen on every pin of the board. How do i resolve this issue?

#stm32f411 #power-supply #stlink-voltage #spikes
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on June 26, 2018 at 14:53

>>The spikes are observed in the high level of voltage. 

Can you perhaps quantify that?

Make sure you have common grounds bonded if you have multiple domains.

You should perhaps check the regulators and trace the circuits (see schematic in User Manual). Try using a second board, and if that works compare/contrast voltages and signals observed on each.

If you have damaged components on the board you may need to replace them, can't fix it with software.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
pooja nagar
Associate II
Posted on June 27, 2018 at 07:36

0690X0000060PHXQA2.jpg

0690X0000060PHYQA2.jpg

pooja nagar
Associate II
Posted on June 27, 2018 at 07:47

Make sure you have common grounds bonded if you have multiple domains.--> I have already common grounds for multiple domains.

I have checked the same piece of code on other discovery board and it works perfectly fine. Voltage line is also clean. 

Thank you