cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External loader of the ST-Link tool for the STM32L073rz ?

Jean-Luc Pardo
Associate
Posted on June 28, 2018 at 12:48

Hello there,

Does anyone uses the external loader of the ST-Link tool for the STM32L073xx micro-controller (MC)?

What we would like to do:

We have a board based on the 

STM32L073rz.  On this board, we have an EEPROM connected through I2C to the Micro-controller.  We would like to use the external loader of the ST-Link tool to read and write the EEPROM.

The problem:

When we use a command of the external loader (e.g. read) , we get this error: 'The elf loader is bigger than the RAM size.'  .  

We think that this error message means that ST-Link is trying to load into the 20k RAM and does not have enough space.   It seems that the HAL and GPIO software takes most of the space, but we were not able to shrink either HAL or GPIO.  We would like to know if anyone was successful doing this , and how to achieve it.

Regards

#stm32l073 #st-link #external-loader
1 REPLY 1
Posted on June 28, 2018 at 13:53

I've written several loaders, if the abstraction you are using is too thick, then you'll need to use a thinner one.

The loader and a data buffer need to fit within the RAM constraints.

Make sure the HAL isn't pulling in the floating point libraries. I recall the USART driver pulling it in, others might too.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..