cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I-CUBE-LRWAN development on Atollic help!

Darren Sherin
Associate II
Posted on July 02, 2018 at 15:58

Hi all,

New here and also new the ST development, i am currently working an IOT project using the P-NUCLEO-LRWAN1 development board and am restricted to using Atollic TrueSTUDIO for STM32  as an IDE. The problem i am having is that the I-CUBE-LRWAN software does not integrate with STM32CubeMX which is making it difficult to get started in Atollic. Also importing examples from I-CUBE-LRWAN keep throwing up errors in Atollic. Also the user manuals for I-CUBE-LRWAN (UM2313,UM2285,UM2073) refer to getting started by importing the example class A or class C examples from I-CUBE-LRWAN and they are not present in the download V1.1.5 and cant locate an other version to check. Please help pulling my hair out trying to get started.

Regards,

Darren.

2 REPLIES 2
Posted on July 02, 2018 at 16:22

XCUBE != CUBEMX regardless of the chosen IDE. To use LRWAN you need to be using HAL, and look at the HAL Examples under the Cube Repositories for insight. The problem here is further compounded by the Semtech stack and RTC based clocking/scheduling, rather than the existing HAL/CUBE mentality.

The CM0 version of the LRWAN examples will build under the free Keil License, even if you have to install on your own personal equipment, I'd recommend at least building the software and familiarizing yourself with the project structure and the stack.

I've posted mirrors of the prior LRWAN releases.

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009XkWnISAV

I ported earlier versions on to a number of L4, F4 and F7 boards

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on July 03, 2018 at 13:20

Hi,

downloaded previous versions of the I-CUBE-LRWAN and still no class A project to be found within so cant even get it up and running keil either, why are all the documentation and videos for the P-NUCLEO-LRWAN1 development pack and I-CUBE-LRWAN software point to these startup example project's if they are not in the software download, a bit mad i think and to not have support for these ST products on the Atollic IDE which is to be for development of ST products is mad as well. Dose anyone have any help at all or some good tutorial on it for me. Have been reading all the documents and nothing only dead ends, been at this for the best part of a week now and all i have done so far is get the user LED on the development board to blink, showing me that i can develop the NUCLEO-L073RZ on it own using Atollic, STM32CubeMX and STM32CubeL0 software with no problem but i need the same for Atollic and I-CUBE-LRWAN software.

thanks in advance.