Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nucleo-F767ZI cannot send UDP data

Rad Mosu
Associate
Posted on July 05, 2018 at 16:51

Hi,

I got new Nucleo-F767ZI board. I created project for Atollic using CubeMX with FreeRTOS and LWIP and I was able to send ping without any problem. Then I try send small UDP datagram each 1s to mz PC, but it was unsuccessful - STM started sending ARP to my PC, my PC respond with proper ARP, but STM instead of sending UDP datagram, it ask again for ARP. I don't know what is set wrong...

Can somebody please provide me simple project for Atollic, which will send UDP datagram? With FreeRTOS or not, it isn't so relevant for me right now.

STM IP: 192.168.122.100

PC IP: 192.168.122.40

#stm32f7
1 REPLY 1
Rad Mosu
Associate
Posted on July 06, 2018 at 13:48

Finally I was able to send UDP data to broadcast, but not to my PC. After some debugging I found that STM32 don't know MAC address of PC, but it doesn't sends ARP automaticly, ie.:

1. MX_LWIP_Init(); delay for 5s, send UDP to PC - don't work

MX_LWIP_Init(); delay for 5s (during this delay I send ping from PC to STM), send UDP to PC - works fine

So ping from PC to STM will update ARP table in STM, but in case that this table is empty (no ping from PC), STM won't send ARP automatically before sending UDP. How can I change this? Is there additional option in CubeMX (I have ARP enabled).