cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeProgramer connecting to STM32H753IIK6

Pete Johnson
Associate
Posted on July 12, 2018 at 01:45

I'm having trouble getting the STM32CubeProgramer to connect to my STM32H753IIK6 chip using the serial port when going into boot loader mode. I'm using RESET and BOOT pins to get the chip into boot loader mode but the 

STM32CubeProgramer

will not consistently connect. It seems to be very dependent on the timing of releasing RESET and BOOT to clicking connect on the programmer. Here is the error I get in the log window when it doesn't connect:

14:36:29 : Serial Port COM8 is successfully opened.

14:36:30 : Error: Activating device: KO. Please, verify the boot mode configuration and check the serial port configuration. Reset your device then try again...

This is same error I get I the chip is running and I try the connect but the chip appears to be in boot loader mode when I get this error. Repeated rebooting release of

RESET and BOOT,

clicking connect eventually results in the STM32CubeProgramer connecting and then I can erase and program the chip without any problems. 

Is there anything special about the boot loader sequence and connecting to the STM32CubeProgramer that I should know about to make this more reliable?

Thanks. Pete

#stm32cubeprogramer
1 REPLY 1
Posted on July 12, 2018 at 11:27

The timing of the 0x7F pattern on the USART is a one-shot deal, the STM32 doesn't 'receive' the data, it is using a TIM to measure the pulse width and auto-bauds from that. If that gets glitched or otherwise gets the timing wrong, you need to reset and retry.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..