Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[ATT]11395

Artem Zolotov
Associate
Posted on February 27, 2018 at 14:19

Start-up failure FOC SDK

Hello!

I used STM32F103C8 + STEVAL-IP05F and I was able to run successfully.

Now, I developed my PCB, in which I took STM32F072C8 and STGIPQ3H60T-HZ.  I used FOC4.3.

When I try to start, after running a speed ramp, I always get a Start-up error. I did everything that is described in FOC FAQ, but the error has remained. I reduce very strongly the coefficient of G2 to 1000 otherwise I get the erro Speed feedback.

I got oscillograms when I overclocked the motor and I think they are normal. I observe that after several starts the engine is very hot. It seems to me that the FOC does not correctly calculate the current values

Thank you very much,

Artem

2 REPLIES 2
Posted on March 02, 2018 at 02:33

Have you run the Motor Profiler to confirm your motor characteristics?

If you started with the F103 and then moved to the F072,did you construct a completely new design within the motor control workbench to do so?

When you give the motor its first slug of current to do the alignment, does the motor actually align and stay stable?

There are a number of other troubleshooting steps, but this would be a good start.

Posted on March 03, 2018 at 12:31

I measured the parameters motor using another frequency inverter. Also I used to check, calculated the

motor characteristics

as in the document STM32 PMSM FOC SDK 4.3 Getting Started Rev 1.6.

First I use F103, on my PCB. In the project only changed the parameters for the new Power Module. There was exactly the same error start-up. So I decided to assemble on another controller where there is a DAC output to see the FOC parameters.

Yes, the alignment is successful and the motor starts to rotate from this state.