When new owners of P-L496G-CELL01/02 open the blister, the insert card inner page gives the first steps to follow:
1. Connect the cellular provided antenna to the cellular add-on board
2. Connect the cellular add-on board to the STM32L496 Discovery board (modem sticker face up)
3. If needed, download the USB Drivers for the ST Link buit-in the discovery board (for flashing and debugging)
4. Connect the Pack to the PC using the ST Link USB connector (picture provided on the insert card)
5. Download and open a console application such as teratem. Use the default speed 9600bps, 8, N. 1
6. Repeateadly the STM32 will send a text message including: A URL and an ST unique VOUCHER code.
7. Go to the URL, create a user account and confirm by email
8. From this URL portal, reclaim your discovery pack by adding a board and using the ST VOUCHER
9. The reclaimed board will then be added to your account, showing its description and information
10. Available services are displayed, such as telecom complimentary services and opening trial cloud accounts
11. Each kit also comes with a list of precompiled demo binaries, including Espruino JS Engine and JS examples
12. Choose a demo, download the corresponding ZIP file, and if a bin file is provided, open file explorer, find the STM32 discovery board as memory stick, and drag and drop in it the bin file to reflash the STM32 with desired demo code.Each zip contains readme short document with step by step instructions on how to get the demo up and running.
This ST community thread is setup to receive constructive suggestions and questions about the use of the portal.
For Disco Pack owners who reflashed the STM32 before retrieving and reclaiming the ST eVoucher on the portal, here is the restore Zip below.